Monday, December 18, 2006

Words Matter

Mummy had just popped out to the shops, and Abi was at a loose end. So she found a CD to listen to, and this is the wonderful sight that greeted me eyes as I walked into the kitchen.

Those who have keen vision may have noticed that she's listening to "For Every Child" from Townend's "Monument To Mercy". We do have a lot of other CDs, but this is one of Abi's favourites at the moment.

I doubt Abi understands all of the song (indeed, I hope that some of the lines go right over her sweet little six year old head), but it does remind her that we are all in need of God's mercy.

O God forgive us for the wrong that we have done
The night is filled with weeping and we’re aching for the dawn
O God of love this world has suffered for so long
Have mercy on us all

We want to see the light we want to see the day
When hope is realised and hatred washed away
When justice rules the heart compassion leads the way
Have mercy on us all

You'll find the full lyrics of the song here. I found it particularly helpful the other day, listening on my iPod, as I walked down our high street.

As usual I passed many different people. Some were smiling, some were sad; some looked confident, others seems less so; some (like me) looked rather scruffy, others were rather well turned out; a young mum with a pram, an old lady with a walking stick; a man on a bike, and some kids in a shiny new BMW convertible (yes, in North Wales, with the top down, just a couple of weeks before Christmas)!

We don't know what's in their hearts, do we? But we do know that they are all in desperate need of God's mercy ... as am I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home